Saturday 28 May 2016

DAY FOUR: SNAP!

Friday was my fourth treatment. We've maxed out on both sides now so it won't get any worse. The only uncomfortable bit is my jaw moving. On the right side, I snap my teeth. Not much though. If I bit my tongue it would hurt but no more than all the other times in my life I have done so. Ouch! And even though my jaw muscles are being stimulated on both sides, I haven't had any muscle ache after. So far so good.

Since I can't take a photo myself, here is much what my treatment looks like, only the lounge chair I sit in is more comfortable than this looks, and I wear a lycra cap. The cap is marked to make sure that the exact same spot in my brain is stimulated each time.


Image: http://www.alibaba.com/cache/TMS-Transcranial-Magnetic-Stimulator-_141738849.html

Below is what the actual instrument looks like, though the one used on me is attached to a stand like in the photo above. My psychiatrist says it puts out 3 Teslas, similar to a standard MRI. The best MRI available uses 7 Teslas.


Image: http://www.prescouter.com/2012/09/transcranial-magnetic-stimulation-possible-cure-for-tinnitus

No comments:

Post a Comment